You've spent a lot of time coming up with new Year's resolutions, right? And then you spend a lot of time angry at yourself for not keeping them, right? Well, here's a list of simple, really easy ideas for New Year's resolutions.
1) Cut cell phone use by 30% (that means only 45 minutes per hour, per day. Easy.
2) Eliminate impulse buying. (An impulse is 8 seconds or less. 9 seconds or more constitutes careful consideration.)
3) Start an exercise regimen. "Exercise" includes non-impulse buying and cell phone use.
4) Stop screaming at the kids. (By wearing noise-cancelling headphones, you'll have little reason to scream at them.)
5) Volunteer more. (Binging on ice cream, napping and viewing Melrose Place reruns are all "voluntary" activities.)
6) Read classic literature. Since PEOPLE magazine is nearly 40, it qualifies.
7) Make new friends. With those Facebook friend generating programs, you'll have thousands in minutes. None of whose names you've ever heard or can pronounce.
8) Stop worrying about the future. There's a whole life behind you to re-live day by day.