As you age, certain things happen. Most are physical, but not everything. Some people have complete personality transplants. They hobble into the withered arms of old age as if it were some kind of lover. You can't avoid wrinkles.
But can you take steps to make sure you keep your attitude in check...and stay young, at least in your mind.
Here are the warning signs you're acting old. Perhaps you can stop yourself before it's too late.
1. You unabashedly discuss your bowels with friends.Talking constipation at lunch is no longer gross, but as normal as gossiping.
2. You find ways to insert the word "bunion" into conversations.
3. When the bill comes at a restaurant, you and
your friends itemize it to the last penny. "I just had water, but your seltzer
4. You have long conversations about the weather and traffic. But ailments trump all, with no time limits.
5. You do 55 in the fast lane and wonder why you're being tailgated and flipped off.
6. You have a "stash" that contains vitamin supplements, analgesics and sunscreen.
7. You walk out of restaurants, bars and stores because the music's too loud.
8. If you try to understand today's music, you get the lyrics wrong and embarrass your kids when you sing them too loud.
9. You buy sensible shoes and loose fitting jeans.
10. A date out with your husband becomes a trip to Trader Joe's—complete with a meal at their snack bar.